Monday 11 February 2013

Animal Experiments - Resources For and Against


In class today, I showed my Year 13 students a video on animal experiments made by the charity Animal Aid, and I thought I would share a link to the video here. It's split into 4 parts. 

Although the video is intended for GCSE and A level students, it does contain distressing images throughout.


 
Part 1: How are animals used?

Part 2: Is it good science?

Part 3: Why do they do it?

Part 4: What are the alternatives?

Note that the video has a strong anti-vivisection agenda, I haven't posted it as objective summary of the debate. If you would like to hear the case for the use of animals in medical experiments, you can click here.

In related news,the European Union has recently acted to ban the testing of cosmetics on animals. I also posted about my own past views on vivisection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment